The Rose Corporation in Reading has an immediate opening for two (2) manual machinists.
A manual machinist performs efficient setup, operation, and monitoring of a variety of manual machines including horizontal and vertical boring mills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safe set up, operation, and monitoring of the assigned machine.
- Chooses fixtures, as appropriate to efficiently process the work order.
- Uses hand tools including tape measure, combination square, piers, wrench in order to set up jobs on the machine.
- Safely operates jib and pendulum cranes to load and unload projects from the work area.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized working area.
- Participates in the training of other machinists coming into the organization.
- Communicates and conducts oneself in a professional manner that is conducive to a healthy and productive business environment.
- Participates in regular team meetings.
- Contributes to continuous improvement programs by providing input, as able, to various quality, equipment, training, and operations issues within The Rose Corporation.
- Participates in 6-S activities; especially in the immediate work area.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Trade school or relevant experience;
- Experience operating CNC machines.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient in reading blueprints.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to write simple correspondence in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving logically given various circumstances.