The Rose Corporation in Reading, PA has an opening for a project manager with QA & QC responsibilities.
The Project Manager will be responsible for providing technical support to the entire company in metallurgical, welding, NDE (non-destructive examination), and fabrication processes for product and process control and for the development of welding procedures in accordance with ASME, AWS, and other codes for the joining of metals and alloys. They will oversee more than one project simultaneously; have overall administrative responsibility for the execution of the project; be responsible for client liaison, budgets, schedules, and controls and will direct and coordinate engineering activities and all other related activities such as procurement, cost control and construction management, cost estimates and quote proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the quality management system and the company quality policies & objectives.
- Liaison with customers on quality documentation, NDE requirements, Welding, and related metallurgical issues.
- For ASME Section 1 & B31.1 Power Piping Codes, & Section VIII Div I pressure vessel Codes, performs Code required calculations manually and/or with the use of computer-aided design software to verify customer supplied drawings & specifications for quotation purposes.
- Functions as the Authorized Company Representative for contracted Code work and creates/maintains Quality Assurance documentation for that vessel. Responsible for the application of the proper stamps and nameplates upon the approval of the AI.
- Maintains and updates Quality Assurance Manual for ASME and NBIC (National Board Inspection Code). Functions as the Authorized Company Representative for renewal of certificates issued by the Agencies (ASME & NBIC). Controls the use of stamps and nameplates.
- Manage quotation process for the assigned customer base
- Be effective support to the production requests and material needs for as much of the project as possible.
- Keep in contact with and effectively manage the client’s needs and wishes.
- Coordinate and schedule all aspects of the project.
- Generate invoices on a consistent and timely basis according to company policy
- Review new drawings and designs during the development phase and make recommendations and modifications, where advisable, to conform to production capabilities and limitations and minimize cost.
- Communicate and conduct oneself in a professional manner that is conducive to a healthy and productive business environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in an engineering discipline from a four-year college or university; or two to five years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with metal fabrication and welding industry procedures.
- Welding experience involving plate, structural, piping, etc.
- Quality control experience in NDE methods such as LPT, MPT, VT, RT, UT, and vacuum leak testing as applied to welded fabrications.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section I, IIA, IIB, IIC, IID, V, VIII Div I, IX, B31.1, AWS D1.1, D1.5, and related Sections and the Application of the Codes to welded fabrications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office modules including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment, with experience estimating material costs and structural and plate steel and alloy metal fabrication.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is helpful.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE:
- Able to write general instructions, and procedures (if appropriate).
- Can effectively present information and respond to questions from supervised employees, other company managers, co-workers, and customers.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; good writing skills.
- Hands-on problem solver, willing to spend time in the shop with the production crews identifying quality problems and finding the necessary solutions
- Excellent communications skills, both written & oral
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Must have the knowledge and be able to develop PQRs, WPSs and produce WPQs for Welders and Fitters
- Ability to keep Continuity up for all Welders and Fitters
- Must be able to prepare for and meet with our Authorized Inspection Agency and ASME Code Auditor (National Board) for our Code Stamps
SALARY & BENEFITS
The compensation range for this position is $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year depending on experience.
The Rose Corporation also offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance; group life, disability, vision, and dental; HSA; 401(k) with match and ten paid holidays.